Woodworking allows you to craft different ESO wooden shields and weapons. The wood you gather in the world can be turned into nice pieces that have various styles and stats also. Some of the game’s finest wooden shields and weapons can be crafted through using Woodworking. You also can fine tune the pieces. Wooden shields and weapons can be used in numerous build types including tank and no caster builds. Try out Woodworking!
In addition, you can also use woodworking to improve on already existing or crafted gear that you find in the world. Improvement materials can be used that are found from deconstructing armor, refining wood or when hirelings give it to you. Wooden shields and weapons can be improved by woodworkers up to legendary!
Many players are going to need Wood Shield and Weapons of various styles and types. In terms of style, the most popular appear to be Imperial and Deadric, so it can be quite profitable to have the Racial styles available. Another way to earn a nice commission is to upgrade and provide the service to others.
To create woodworking pieces, raw wood is used. It can be found in the Tamriel zones. Usually they are zone-specific. In a zone, you will normally find only one to two kinds of wood. They can be found in caverns, caves, as driftwood on beaches, near ruins, in grassy fields and close to trees. You need to refine raw wood in stacks of 10. This will provide you with Sanded Wood or other Woodworking materials at times. The following is the current wood list in item level order:
You can find woodworking stations in cities and towns. They are identified by the angle and hammer symbol on flags that appear on the map and outside of the stations. The stations are a workbench with lumber leaned against the bench. It also comes with an axe, peg holes, chisels and tools. In addition, there are special Woodworking Station sets that are located in various parts of the world that enable you to craft items that offer a special set bonus. Multiple traits are required to be unlocked for different woodworking gear pieces at the special set stations.
The first step you need to take to create incredible pieces is to refine gathered wood. Ten raw wood pieces are required for each refinement, which yields sanded wood or other useful woodworking items. Materials can be refined from your bank or from your bag. At the time this guide was written, unfortunately refining doesn’t give any inspiration to you. However, deconstructing and creating items do.
A style material and sanded wood are needed to created wooden shields and weapons. The more wood that is used, the higher the values, damage, armor and level go. To provide your item with special properties, you will choose the kind of item, amount and type of wood, the style material for defining its appearance and its trait material.
Another method for gathering materials is deconstructing useless or old armor to make into usable materials. Just click on the item that you want to deconstruct. Then click on the interact button. That destroys the item and provides some base materials that can be used to create new items. A woodworker who has the proper skills can increase his chances of extracting materials from the items.
A wood worker is in a position to improve already manufactured gear. This modification will improve the quality and appearance of the gear from the common to those which are legendary. The modifications do not bare any level requirement of any sort; therefore the wood worker can boost the quality of any wood working product. There are risks involved since improvement requires many improvements materials to complete and the risk increases as the number if materials used increases. These materials cannot be cultivated or collected in the field; they are earned through deconstruction, and can be conveyed to you by a hireling.
This is one of the avenues wood worker earn their income form external sources. An expert woodworker requires improvement materials and can assist a non-woodworker to save some cash by not necessarily needing to buy much. This can earn you a decent amount of revenue if you advertise your services well.
Research plays a major role in the discovery of traits! The traits that you acquire can be added to weaponries as well as shields that you develop in the future! Conducting studies on the traits needs a specific piece of hardware that you desire to learn the trait from to be dismantled to ensure that you comprehend its properties. If you need to learn traits for the chest pieces, you are required to destroy that chest piece with the trait in order to acquire knowledge pertaining it.
Time is a necessity in this process. There should be enough time. Each trait in each and every piece consumes time starting at six hours. The time is real and will proceed whether you are logged on or not. The time can be reduced with skills that enable more than one research at a time and diminish the total time required for research.
- Sturdy – Chance of avoiding decay after death
- Impenetrable – Critical resistance
- Reinforced – Value of armor on item
- Training – Additional experience using item’s skill line
- Divines – Additional Mundus Stone effect
- Well-fitted – Reducing cost for running
- Infused – Additional armor enchant effect
- Exploration – Additional exploration experience
- Powered – Reduces weapon enchant cooldowns
- Weighted – Additional attack speed
- Infused – Increases weapon enchant effect
- Precise – Additional Weapon/Spell critical value
- Training – Additional experience using item’s skill line
- Charged – Increases value of enchantment charges
- Sharpened – Increases spell and armor penetration
Making all woodwork items required the special skill of Woodworking which enables you to place points in the quest of enhancing the skill to achieve a maximum level. Though, this profession has other ways that can be applied in order to enhance it.
When thinking of getting started with Woodworking immediately while still leveling, then here are some necessary set of skills that you must have then on your fingertips. Just place your points directly into the accompanying to get started as soon as you take your initial survival skills.
Putting your points into these four skills is very important especially when you are leveling the Woodworking together with your typical fighting abilities.
- Keen Eye: 1 / 3 – To start seeing wood better!
- Lumberjack Hireling: 1/3 – To get Woodworking stuff sent to your mail!
- Carpentry: 1/3 – To get research times down and do multiple research at one!
- Wood Extracting: 1/ 3 – To get the most out of extraction
- Rank 1: Allows the use of Sanded Maple.
- Rank 2: Allows the use of Sanded Oak.
- Rank 3: Allows the use of Sanded Beech.
- Rank 4: Allows the use of Sanded Hickory.
- Rank 5: Allows the use of Sanded Yew.
- Rank 6: Allows the use of Sanded Birch.
- Rank 7: Allows the use of Sanded Ash.
- Rank 8: Allows the use of Sanded Mahogany.
- Rank 9: Allows the use of Sanded Nightwood.
- Rank 1: Wood in the world will be easier to see when you are 20 meters or closer.
- Rank 2: Wood in the world will be easier to see when you are 30 meters or closer.
- Rank 3: Wood in the world will be easier to see when you are 40 meters or closer.
- Rank 1: A Lumberjack Hireling will send you wood and possibly other items every day.
- Rank 2: A Lumberjack Hireling will send you more wood and possibly better items every day.
- Rank 3: A Lumberjack Hireling will send you even more wood and possibly even better items twice a day.
- Rank 1: Improves the chance of extracting Woodworking ingredients.
- Rank 2: Greatly improves the chance of extracting Woodworking ingredients.
- Rank 3: Maximizes the chance of extracting Woodworking ingredients.
- Rank 1: Reduces research times by 5% and allows the research of two items at once.
- Rank 2: Reduces research times by 10% and allows the research of two items at once.
- Rank 3: Reduces research times by 20% and allows the research of three items at once.
- Rank 1: Increases the chance of improving items with resins.
- Rank 2: Greatly increases the chance of improving items with resins.
- Rank 3: More than doubles the chance of improving items with resins.
- Save Your Gear
Researching traits may make use of bound gear which could even be deconstructed. As a rule of thumb, make sure you avoid vending your gear.
- Purchase Unrefined materials
Looking for style and improvement materials? The best way to obtain sanded wood is to purchase raw wood which will provide you with extra materials during refining. For all your new material purchase, always consider buying Raw materials.
- Focused Research
Always have a plan in mind and make a good decision when selecting a trait of your choice. Even a profession can take quite long to research for the entire traits. For all your research that you are planning to build, always have an order.
- Gather at Night!
If you have the chance to gather at night with your Keen Eye ability ready to go, you will see the wood from a very long distance and it is very bright in the dark!